- Category: Intelligent Bioinformatics and Biomedical Systems
- Published: 15 July 2013
Professor Phoebe Chen (La Trobe University, Australia)
Professor Shuigeng Zhou (Fudan University, School of Computer Science, China)
Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, Shanghai 200433, China
Phone: +86-21-65654504, Email: sgzhou AT fudan DOT edu DOT cn
Ms Meifania Chen (DEBII, Curtin University, Australia)
To obtain a deeper understanding of the Bioinformatics, Biomedical Systems and its Applications and help in the development of its theoretical foundations and technological underpinning, as well as its global integration from molecular analysis to clinical diagnosis.
The scope of the Working Group’s activities includes (but is not restricted to) the following:
- Study of the formal and practical knowledge representation issues of the Bioinformatics, Biomedical Systems and its Applications.
- Design, evaluation and use of ontologies for the various layers we would like to integrate, including genome, proteins, molecular pathways and clinical diagnosis.
- Evaluation and state of the art data mining tools for inferring new information from existing and new biological and biomedical databases.
- Studies of human centred aspects specifically for the Bioinformatics, Biomedical Systems and its Applications, including discovery of early cancer stages, such as through genomic predispositions and/or functional medical imaging
- Information extraction, automatic and semi-automatic generation of meta data.
- Advanced string technology applications to Bioinformatics, Biomedical Systems and its Applications..